Statement

This portfolio portrays my flexibility skills and how I find masses of experimentation and research the most thrilling part. It is the learning process that I find expands my knowledge. Therefore, I have included a diverse selection of my work to prove my adaptability in different areas of how I execute it, before the final result.


This portfolio includes the following:-

Illustrations and printing techniques from cropped areas of a cut and paste poem. The screen print being an example.

The ‘chilli pepper’ typeface I created, using a method of mark making by dipping different materials to form counters and stems for letters.

The digital book cover and spine for “Constructivism” that have been influenced by the composition and materials from the mood board and research that I’ve completed.

The invention of my own radio station, where I created a logo to symbolize it alongside with ideas for the salsa genre based station in my sketchbook.

A flyer for a gig at the Manchester roadhouse, in which I had to create publicized material and lastly, a taste from my personal sketchbook work where I tend to draw quirky people in life situations.

My creativity unconsciously started in childhood, from winning a drawing competition to being involved in dance shows and learning to play musical instruments. I ‘ve travelled to Hong Kong , where I took an interest in the typography and took photographs. I enjoy reading what/who is currently happening in the art industry, and regularly put communication into practice where I work (John Lewis). I often have to visually attract customers by rearranging products and work as a team.

I feel I’m suited to this programme because my current interests show enthusiasm and commitment. I am looking forward into continuing experimentation, and being able to share my dedication with other students and professionals.

Monday 24 January 2011

Fiesta radio station logo

No comments:

Post a Comment